Dusty Mint

|


This is my first GTK2+ theme release. I call it "Dusty Mint". It is based off of the ever famous Dust theme released on the Ubuntu wiki site I believe. I don't have the link handy, but if you're an enthusiast, you already know where to get it!

I was impressed with the simplicity and elegance of the original Dust theme but thought that it would look pretty cool with at Minty take on it. This is the result.

Included is a Metacity theme, but I included the bordered one from the Dust Extras download.

For those who use Mint, I included a new menu button, which is in the gtk folder. I also made the taskbar png image a bit more transparent for those who will use it. It is included as well.

It uses as default the LinuxMint icon theme, as I know people use their own icon themes and generally don't like the default ones.

It uses Clearlooks and Murrine as the original Dust theme uses, so there shouldn't be any incompatibility issues.

Install instructions: Extract the zip anywhere you wish; open your Appearance settings, click the Theme tab, and drag and drop the "tar.gz" file into the open window.

I hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

I accept no responsibility to your system should any unforeseen issues arise. There shouldn't be a problem though.

Click the image above, which will redirect you to my deviantArt site.

Happy Linux'ing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment